Friday 2 October 2015

Burgundy Monochrome Look with loose shadows from Aromaleigh


My latest video was a tutorial of a very burgandy/berry-toned look.  The eyes, lips and blush are in in sync and even though it's not something I usually do, I really like it!  I ended up using a fair amount of products but you can easily cut down on the number of shadows you use and you probably don't really need to wear 2 highlighters and 2 blushes.  You know me, I like to go overboard and apply ALL the makeup!

Here's the video if you'd like to watch.  If not, read on for a full product list and more photos of the look.





 Face

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Herbs and Aloe
Estee Lauder Double Wear - Shell
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - Chantilly
Ben Nye Luxury Powder - Cameo
Phee's Makeup Tips Pressed Original Glow (highlighter)
Topshop Glow Dome - Galactic  blog post
Aromaleigh blush - Murasaki
Illamasqua Blusher - Kiss  video
Shiro Contour Powder - Burn The Heart Out Of You  blog post



Eyes

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade - Medium Brown

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Aromaleigh loose shadows -  Sif, Verandi, Astrid, Rubicante, Veneer, Synchrony
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil - Glitter Rock, Midnight Cowboy
MUA Luxe Precision Felt Liner
Primark False Lash Effect mascara
Duo brush-on lash glue  blog post
Mister Mascara Spiky lash kit





Lips

MAC lip liner - Current
Maybelline Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Berry Much




This was a fairly easy look but I had a lot of fun creating it.  I don't do monochrome looks very often; I'm normally busy slathering on as many colours as I possibly can!

See another of my monochrome looks here: purple galore

I was hoping to start a monochrome series and to be honest, I completely forgot about it.  Hopefully I will no remember to carry on with it!  I will also have a lot more from Aromaleigh on here soon, possibly a swatch post, definitely some more looks and maybe a tips post on using loose shadows.

I'd love to know your opinion of this look, and of my video style. I am still learning so any helpful criticism is welcome.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:



No comments:

Post a Comment