Monday 24 November 2014

My Favourite Makeup Geek Shadows

Clockwise from top left: Unexpected, Stealth, Burlesque and Rockstar
I am so in love with Makeup Geek shadows.  I had seen them all over YouTube and Instagram so had a pretty good idea of what colours I wanted.  You order the singles and then arrange them in a palette yourself.  I have mine in a large Z Palette. I made my first order about two months ago so have done lots of playing.  I bought enough colours to made for pretty much unlimited combinations so I haven't been straying from them much.  All of the different textures blend beautifully and there are some really unique colours.  I highly recommend the shadows in general and I can't wait to get more.  I thought a great way to introduce them would be to show off my four current favourites,  I've loved using these colours together as well as with the other shades


Makeup Geek Rockstar
First off is Rockstar.  It is a shimmery white/silver/grey with  a pink shift to it.  I love it to highlight around the tear duct or right in the centre of my lid  It works with all sorts of colours and really transforms a look.

Makeup Geek Unexpected
This is Unexpected, and it looks cooler and paler in person than it does in this photo.  It is a mauve, purple/grey matte colour that I love to use in my crease to blend out a darker colour.  It looks great on my cool-toned skin.

Makeup Geek Stealth
Stealth is a very blue-based medium grey, matte.  I love this all over or just in the outer third.  This paired with Rockstar and Unexpected is really pretty.

Makeup Geek Burlesque 
Burlesque is a beautiful burgundy/brown shimmer.  It looks great paired with warm browns, to deepen a purple, or with my other favourite colours.  It's an easy red to use as it doesn't make you look like you've been crying.

Makeup Geek Burlesque, Rockstar
The shimmers are very opaque and even more amazing when applied with a damp brush.  I did these swatches with my finger and I know the mattes look a bit patchy but when applied with a brush they don't at all. 

Makeup Geek Stealth, Unexpected
Makeup Geek shadows
This is look is done using only those four shadows.  I blended Unexpected through my crease and outwards, as well as on my lower lash line.  I blended Stealth and then Burlesque in the outer third, above and below.  I then patted Rockstar on the inner half of my lid and around my tear duct.

Makeup Geek shadows


Makeup Geek products can be bought at Marlene's website here. The shadows work out at about £3.80 each and are the same size as a MAC eyeshadow and definitely comparable in quality, if not better.  Shipping to the UK is reasonable and really quick.  I know some people have had to pay import duties on their parcels but I didn't have to on mine. I've tried 17 of her shadows and 3 of the pigments and they're all amazing.  I've already written a list of others I would like to try.
You should check out her YouTube channel as well, it's full of good tutorials as well as product reviews.

Have you tried any Makeup Geek shadows yet?

Rachel

Find me here: 


No comments:

Post a Comment