Saturday 9 May 2015

My favourite Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils
It's no secret that I'm an Urban Decay junkie and one of my favourite products from the brand are their 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils.  I was originally drawn in by their wide range of colours (which has since expanded) and kept using them because of the amazing quality.  They are the best eye liner pencils I've ever tried; they don't budge at all and the colour stays intense all day.  I love that they set really well, my eyes are slightly hooded and other pencils can transfer up to the top of my eyelid but these don't do that.

Read on to see swatches of my favourite eye pencils.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils L-R Asphyxia, Stray Dog, Electric, Ether and Mainline
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils L-R Asphyxia, Stray Dog, Electric, Ether and Mainline
 It was quite hard to choose my favourites as I have about 40 of these suckers and I love all of them.  These are the ones that I've worn the most and/or are unique in my collection.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Asphyxia
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Asphyxia
Asphyxia is a fuchsia pink with purple and blue iridescence, resulting in an over all violet colour.  While spectacular on the eyes, I actually use this more often on my lips.  It is the perfect liner to pair with Illamasqua's lipstick in Underworld.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Stray Dog
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Stray Dog
Stray Dog is a taupe, the perfect mixture of brown and grey.  I particularly like to use this to smudge out my lower lash-line when wearing a simple winged-liner look.  It is a bit shimmery but looks quite skin-like when smudged in (although they set you have about 30 seconds to smudge them).
I apologise, this shade came in a limited edition set and is no longer available.  Mushroom in the permanent range is incredibly similar though.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Electric
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Electric
 Electric was the first thing I ever bought from Urban Decay so is close to my heart.  <3  My favourite colour group contains turquoise, teal and petrol blue so as a bright aqua this is right up my alley.  I like this colour on the lower lash-line paired with a neutral look, or as the central colour on my lid.  One of only two that I've repurchased (Zero being the other).

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Ether
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Ether
 Ether is super unique.  It is a warm grey with purple micro-glitter.  I love it smudged into my lower lash-line (seeing a pattern?) and it is amazing paired with Nars eye shadow in Strada.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Mainline
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Mainline
 Mainline is the only of these 5 that is a matte.  It is a deep petrol blue with lots of green.  I looooove the colour and it is so pigmented.  I like this as a base for a smokey eye with a twist.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
The Urban Decay 24/7 pencils are quite soft so don't sharpen to a sharp point but a gentle one as shown above.  This is perfect for me as it means it doesn't stab my waterline and is still sharp enough to wiggle into my upper lash-line, no problem.  The Urban Decay Grind House sharpener is one of the best around.

I highly recommend any of the 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils, I've been wearing them for a decade now and have found nothing as good as them.  They tick all the boxes; they are smooth to apply, they last all day and there is a huge range of colours.  I look forwards to another decade of wearing them.
You can get them here for £15.50 each.

I'd love to know if you have any favourites in the collection or whether you have you eye on any!

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment