Thursday 18 December 2014

Kat Von D Beauty plus Blue and Purple Winged Eye

KvD Star Studded palette

 This is a quick post to show how I achieved the above look. I had no idea what I was going to do when I started with this look but on reflection I was definitely inspired by Dominique and Stephanie who I follow on Instagram avidly.  I really love a lower winged liner that comes out almost horizontal.  I like that it totally changes my eye shape and I also find it easier to get matching on each side than a higher wing.

I thought today was a good day to post this look at Kat Von D Beauty has just gone live.  It's a site when Kat shares her makeup line along with fan looks using her products (use #kvdlook).  I've been excited about this since she first hinted at it online.

I used the Kat Von D Star Studded palette which  I managed to get on sale at Sephora for $28 (just under £18).
Because it's now sold out I'll recommend similar colours you could use instead.
Brows

While this was still wet I patted on some Makeup Geek pigment in Insomnia (a blue brown) just to the ends.


Eyes

KvD Star Studded palette:
Banshee to the brow bone (Urban Decay Naked 3 Strange)
Violator to inner third, right up to the brow (Sugarpill Frostine or even Makeup Geek Wisteria)
Fascination Street over the top of this, lightly (Illamasqua Preen or Inception)
Starflyer used with Illamasqua Sealing Gel as a liner (Sugarpill Velocity or Urban Decay Chaos)
Estrella used on the lower lashline to connect to the liner (KvD Chrysalis palette Entombed, Urban Decay Goddess or Vice 3 Heroine)


Lips



I wore all black (of course) and paired it with a 5-strand plait.  I really like the look.  It makes my eyes look slightly droopy and tired but I quite like that kind of thing.

I've really been enjoying the Kat Von D Star Studded Eyeshadow Book.  It's really versatile and while some of the glittery colours are a bit dry, they really come to life with a bit of  MAC Fix +.  

Did you manage to get your hands on this palette?  How have you used it?

Have you been on Kat Von D Beauty yet? What do you think? 

Rachel

Find me here: 


No comments:

Post a Comment