Monday 6 April 2015

3 Shiro Cosmetics High Scores

Shiro: Moon Prism Powder, Yzma's Essence of Llama, Tardis
Moon Prism Powder, Yzma's Essence of Llama, Tardis
 You'll probably see a lot of Shiro Cosmetics over the next few weeks.  They're my most recently purchased items but also when you find a new brand you love it's similar to finding a new band that you click with straight away; stuck on repeat. 
Rather than bombard you with all of the loose eye shadows at once I thought I'd break them down into categories.  Today I'm showing you three from the High Scores collection.  Each month there is a Color of the Month and the High Scores are the most popular of these.

Moon Prism Powder, Yzma's Essence of Llama, Tardis
 I love that all of the Shiro products are given really nerdy names.  I love most of them for what they're related to but also it's so much more interesting than your typical product names.  These three are no exception.  Moon Prism Powder is related to Sailor Moon.  Yzma's Essence of Llama is from The Emperor's New Groove and Tardis...no, surely I don't need to explain that.  <3

Moon Prism Powder, Yzma's Essence of Llama, Tardis
 Moon Prism Powder is a very light pinky cream with a green shift to it and gold shimmer.  It makes a stunning inner-corner highlight on days when you want your look to be a bit different.

Tardis is a medium blue with purple and green sparkles.  I like to fade it in with a dark purple.

I like Yzma's Essence of Llama as an all-over colour.  It's really pretty, so much more exciting than a one-dimensional matte brown.  According to their website it is a "Dark plum purple with llama-colored duochrome" but I'd say that overall it looks like a shimmery brown with lots of red and gold to it.

Below I have swatched the shades over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.  First off is without flash and then with flash to show any duochrome, shifts and sparkles.

Moon Prism Powder, Yzma's Essence of Llama, Tardis no flash
Moon Prism Powder, Yzma's Essence of Llama, Tardis without flash
 With the flash you can really see the greeny gold in Moon Prism Powder.

Moon Prism Powder, Yzma's Essence of Llama, Tardis with flash
Moon Prism Powder, Yzma's Essence of Llama, Tardis with flash
If you enjoy independent make up brands and unique colours then keep your eyes peeled as there's lots more where this came from!  Coming soon will be posts on some of Shiro's greens and purples.

The High Scores loose eye shadow collection can be bought here for $6 each for 2g.  All of their shadows can be searched for in collections, by colour group or by finish (duochrome, glitter, satin, matte, metallic, shimmer) which I think it really handy.  I can't recommend them highly enough!

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment