Monday 6 April 2015

Urban Decay Revolution lipstick swatch-fest

Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks
Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks

I've been planning on making this post for so long.  Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks are probably my favourite lipsticks, formula and colour-wise.  There are at least 20 permanent shades (the US site has a few extra), plus some that have been limited.  There are quite a few brights and there's definitely a neutral for everyone.  They were released summer 2013 and since then I've had the chance to collect a few of them, including the Full Frontal Stash of minis that was released last autumn.  I highly recommend these lipsticks as they are really comfortable on and there's such a wide choice.  

I am going to show a lip swatch of each colour I have so that you can see them all for yourselves.  I'm not wearing a liner with any of these so that you can see the true colour and the pay-off.


Urban Decay Illicit lipstick
Illicit is a limited edition colour that was in the Full Frontal Stash.  Unlike all the others I will show, it is fairly sheer and so gives a wash of slightly frosted baby pink.  Obsessed from the permanent line is the closest match.


Urban Decay Obsessed lipstick
Urban Decay Obsessed lipstick
Obsessed is the only one here that I don't own in bullet-form.  I received a blister-pack sample of it.  It probably applies more opaquely when applied straight from the tube.  It is bright baby pink.


Urban Decay Anarchy lipstick
Urban Decay Anarchy lipstick
I think Anarchy was the first Revolution lipstick I bought as I do love a bright pink!  It's a cool-toned bright fuchsia.  It is very opaque and quite thick on, it lasts all day!  It makes a great bold, statement lip colour.


Urban Decay Crush lipstick
Urban Decay Crush lipstick
Crush is another LE colour from the Stash.  It is a slightly darker, richer colour than Anarchy although very similar.  In the tube you can see a sort of duochrome green sheen running though it but this doesn't show on the lips, although I've managed to replicate the look by applying OCC Loose Color Concentrate in Oberon over the top.  Really striking, I love this colour.


Urban Decay Ladyflower lipstick
Urban Decay Ladyflower lipstick
Ladyflower is also a LE colour from the Stash but I really hope it gets made permanent as I think it my favourite colour in the line so far.  It is somewhere between a fuchsia and a plum, definitely cool-toned and somewhat muted., I find it very flattering. I think the closest in the permanent line are Jilted and Turn On.


Urban Decay Naked lipstick
Naked is described as a 'nude pink' and I would say that's spot-on.  It's a great one to wear when I'm not sure what will suit my eye look.  One of the most popular colours and would suit most people.


Urban Decay Liar lipstick
Urban Decay Liar lipstick
Liar is described as a 'pinky-brown nude'.  It's the only one I have that I think really doesn't suit me as it sort of looks a warm muddy orangey-brown on me.  Probably looks much better on someone with warm tones to their skin.

Urban Decay Brave lipstick
Urban Decay Rush lipstick
I bought Rush when I was looking for a more moisturising version of MAC Brave; I forgot to bring it with me to compare in store but it is really really close in colour!  It's a muted rosey nude, definitely a 'my-lips-but-better' colour on me.

Urban Decay Streak lipstick
Urban Decay Streak lipstick
I love the colour of Streak, thought I wish it were more opaque.  It is a coral pink, looking very pink on some people but more warm and orangey on others.  I love to pair this with Topshop lip liner in Fearless to bring out the coral better.


Urban Decay Bang lipstick
Urban Decay Bang lipstick
How amazing does Bang look?  It's a super rich reddy orange.  It doesn't necessarily look great with my skin tone but I love it because it makes my eyes look really blue.  It's one of the most opaque ones.  I also have the Bang lip liner, it doesn't really need it as it has such a strong pay-off but it does really makes it last all day.


Urban Decay F-Bomb lipstick
Urban Decay F-Bomb lipstick
F-Bomb is a classic neutral red.  It's really bright and makes my teeth look very white, bonus.


Urban Decay Gash lipstick
Urban Decay Gash lipstick
Gash was a LE colour from the Stash, though you can now get it on the US site.  It is a medium cool red with some red shimmer in it.  It benefits from using a liner underneath.


Urban Decay Venom lipstick
Urban Decay Venom lipstick
Another favourite.  I had to go on the waiting list at my local counter for Venom as it was sold-out for so long.  It's a deep berry with a tiny bit of shimmer.  I love it over MAC Cranberry liner though it also looks great blotted for a sore-lip kind of look (it's a thing, honest).


You can get the full-size Revolution lipsticks here for £15.50 each.  I think they are worth it as they don't dry your lips out and the colour lasts a long time.  I know it's not really that important but the packaging feels quite luxurious; it's really weighty and doesn't feel cheap.  If full-on colour isn't your thing, Urban Decay recently came out with the Sheer Revolution lipsticks.  I haven't tried these as sheer doesn't appeal to me but I've seen swatches and they do look really pretty on.

Do any of these colours really appeal to you?  Or do you have any shades already?  Let me know what your favourites are.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment