Saturday 4 April 2015

What I take in my wedding bag


I've been to a friend's wedding today so this is just a short post to show what essentials I took in my bag.

I used to use a studded Zara bag for weddings but it got wet and the studs turned green, boo.  I'm not really into bags and didn't have any alternatives.  I had bought this Illamasqua makeup bag in their January sale for, I think, about £6.  It's the perfect size for my phone and a few bits and bobs.


I took a pack of tissues.  I'm quite an emotional person and can never predict if I'm going to blub or not, plus hay fever season has started.

Like I've said many times, my skin is quite oily.  This is my main make up concern when out for a long day.  I doubled up and took NYX Green Tea Blotting Paper, as well as Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot mattifying powder (with a clean powder puff inside to apply).

I abhor having dry hands so I took one of my favourite hand creams L'Occitane Rose Tenderness.

Today's lipstick choice was Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Ladyflower.  I try to wear something that I have in miniature, just to save space.  This was from their Christmas 2014 set of 6 miniature lipsticks.

I had just enough room left for my precious Travolo.  You can use this to take a small amount of whatever perfume you like with you.  My choice today was Illamasqua Freak.

I also took a few extra hair pins, just in case, and some chewing gum.

Turns out I only needed my hand cream and to reapply my lipstick once, but it's better to be safe than sorry right?


Just in case you're interested, this is how I did my face and hair today.  My eyes are using the Naked 3 palette and Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.  Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown on my brows.  Two Illamasqua blushers; Lover and Kiss.  The aforementioned lipstick.

Wedding guest makeup

I thought I was packing light but, with my phone, the invite and the favours that I tucked away for later, my bag was pretty full.  If you just had to take a few emergency items with you, what would they be?

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment