Sunday 5 July 2015

June Favourites

June Favourites
June Favourites
Better late than never right?  I've had an unexpectedly busy week, I had barely any plans and then suddenly it filled up.  Hopefully I'll get more done this coming week...before everything goes on hold for IMATS (wohooo!).  The hot weather doesn't help, my inner workings seem to come to a halt when too warm.   Anyway, here are the beauty items I've been loving for the last month or so.

Read on for mini reviews!

June Favourites
Face June Favourites
Quite a lot of face favourites this month, largely due to the change of temperature.  I wanted a way to wear a light foundation but still get the coverage my face needs.  I use the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation first, just where I need the most coverage; down the centre of my nose, under my eyes, centre of my forehead and my chin area.  Then I apply the MAC Face And Body foundation all over.  I've then been spot-concealing with either the Kat Von D concealer or the MAC Select Cover-up concealer.  These are both too warm for me for most of the year round but the F&B is a bit warmer than my skintone and so they match perfectly.  Despite my SPF 50 I do change colour every so slightly so I can just about pull off the warmer foundation.

F&B is also quite sweat-resistant, a bit plus during the summer!


Cheeks June Favourites
Cheeks June Favourites

Both of my cheek favourites are fairly new purchases for me so I have been using them lots to see if I like them.  The blush is Urban Decay Afterglow blush in Quiver, a very bright pinky red and I use it very lightly!  It wears really well on its own but I still usually layer if over a cream blush.  Then there's the MUA Undress Your Skin highlighter Iridescent Gold.  It's very, very shimmery, not one for those who want a natural look!  I really like it, it doesn't take long to build it up and it's also great as an inner corner of the eye highlight!


Eyes June Favourites
Eyes June Favourites
As well as the Makeup Geek eye shadows (see most of June's posts), I've been loving the Inglot AMC gel liners this last month.  I bought mine last summer and they're still super creamy, although one is cracked in half.  They last really well and are very opaque.  I have 72, a warm medium pink, 82, a deep periwinkle and 87, a teal.  They're great for making a look instantly summery.  I also love them for filling in my eyebrows.
I'm hoping to pick some more up at IMATS next week.

Lips June Favourites
Lips June Favourites
Like with my cheek favourites, these were two new purchases that I just couldn't put down.  First is the fairly new Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in I'm Nude which is perfect for my pale, cool-toned complexion.  Nudes are quite often too warm or too pale for me but this one is just right, though I do pair it with a slightly darker liner usually (blended in, obviously).  I've also been loving the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in L.U.V.  a bright magenta purple.  One of my favourite matte formulas, it dries down completely and wears off evenly.  I like L.U.V. by itself but I've also been enjoying it with Anastasia gloss in Electro.


Tools June Favourites
Tools June Favourites

My favourite brushes in June were definitely the Sugarpill ones.  They are super soft and vegan.  The eyeliner brush isn't the smallest but gives just the right amount of flexibility for thick liners and details.  The Tapered Blending & Crease brush does what it says, it disperses colour really well and usually clean it off on some kitchen roll so that I can use it again for the next colour in the look.  It might be too large for small eyes though.  The Large Eyeshadow brush is very big and I tend to use it for my skin-toned colour which I take up to my brows.  I can also get away with using it for blending edges.   I like that the Lip brush has a flat edges, I find that a lot easier to use that a rounded or pointed end.


Some non-beauty favourites have been programmes I watch on Netflix, mainly Supernatural.  I've been binge-watching it while I make crafty things.  I'm particularly enjoying the random comedy episodes which is unusual for me, I normally find them too cheesy.  I've also been enjoying writing.  I spend so much time typing that to sit and hand write can feel like a real luxury, I definitely want to do it more.  I've also been enjoying teasing my cats with a laser pen as they haven't been able to go outside our new house yet.

I hope you all had a great June.  Let me know what your beauty/life favourites have been!

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:




No comments:

Post a Comment