Tuesday 30 June 2015

Makeup Geek Week - A whole week of eye looks

All Makeup Geek shadows
All Makeup Geek shadows

Makeup Geek Week is officially over.  I thought I'd share with you all of the eye looks from the week.  I didn't do anything particularly fancy, all of it is wearable (for me).  There's a good mix of neutral and colourful looks, some with liner, some without.

All shadows are Makeup Geek.  Of course.

Keep reading for photos of each look with a description of the products used.


All Makeup Geek shadows
All Makeup Geek shadows

Monday

Brows are Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike with Brow Cake in Thunder.  This is my most used brow combo.  I prepped my eye with Tarte Clean Slate primer.  I used Preppy in the crease and blended it out, as well as using is on my lower lash line.  I used a mixture of High Tea and Dirty Martini to deepen the crease.  I then applied the foiled shadow in Charmed to the inner corner.  The liner is MAC Acrylic Paint in Black Black, which I applied with a dried up Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.  Primark Flash Lash mascara.

I paired it with The Balm Cabana Boy blush and LA Splash Latte Confessions Lip Couture.

All Makeup Geek shadows
All Makeup Geek shadows

Tuesday

Brows are Monday's combo.  I used Maybelline Creamy Beige Color Tattoo.  I swiped Vanilla Bean all over.  Peach Smoothie and Creme Brulee went in the crease to blend out.  Cocoa Bear is in the outer third and underneath.  I mixed the pigment in Insomnia with Illamasqua Sealing Gel to make a liquid liner.  Primark False Lash mascara.

I paired it with MAC Stereo Rose blush and MUA highlighter in Iridescent Gold.  My lips were Dose of Colors Brick liquid lipstick.


All Makeup Geek shadows
All Makeup Geek shadows

Wednesday

Brows are Monday's combo.  I primed my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  Vanilla Bean is on my brow bone.  I applied Shark Bait to both corners, above and below, and blended out.  I left the centre bare at this point.  I deepened those corners with Peacock.  I dabbed High Wire foiled shadow in the centre with my finger.  I used Illamasqua Precision Gel liner in Infinity in my waterline and to tightline.  The mascara is again Primark False Lash mascara and I used Eyelure Ka-Ching lashes.

I paired the look with Illamasqua Blusher in Hussy and Jeffree Star Cosmetics [714].


All Makeup Geek shadows
All Makeup Geek shadows

Thursday

Brows are Monday's combo, told you they were my favourite.  Not sure I primed with, I forgot to write it down, sorry.  And mascara, oops.  I used Urban Decay Gonzo pencil liner in my waterline which I blended out with Mermaid.  I applied Wisteria to the crease and blended it out with Cinderella.  I darkened the crease with Duchess.  Using my finger I applied Pegasus foiled shadow to the inner half which I blended in to Masquerade.  I added Whimsical to my inner corner.

I paired it with Max Factor blush in Seductive Pink.  My lips were Kat Von D L.U.V. Everlasting Liquid Lipstick which I topped with OCC Stained Gloss in Hedonist.


All Makeup Geek shadows
All Makeup Geek shadows

Friday

Brows are something different!  I used Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown with Stila Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown.  I primed my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  I applied Vanilla Bean all over.  Barcelona Beach is in the crease blended out and added underneath.  I added Taupe Notch to the outer half and then went in quite heavily with Drama Queen over the top.  The liner is again Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner which I totally didn't mean to wing out but it just happened.  The mascara is Benefit Roller Lash.

I paired it with Tarte Memorable blush and Phee's Makeup Tips Glow in Original.  On my lips I wore Dose of Colors Stone with a bit of OCC Lip Tar in Femme in the middle.


All Makeup Geek shadows
All Makeup Geek shadows

Saturday

Brows are the usual combo.  I primed with MAC Paints in Sublime Nature.  I applied Vanilla Bean all over.  Peach Smoothie and Chickadee are in the crease.  I applied Goddess all over the mobile lid, added Rapunzel to the inner third and Bada Bing to the outer third and underneath.  The mascara is the Primark one again.

I paired it with Jeffree Star Cosmetics I'm Nude which I topped with Anastasia Gloss in Dainty.  Not sure which blush, sorry.


All Makeup Geek shadows
All Makeup Geek shadows

Sunday

I didn't manage to get any photos of this look which showed how vibrant it actually was, gutted.  I primed my eyes with Milani Shadow Eyez in Almond Cream.  I applied Stealth to the crease and blended it out.  I dabbed on Pegasus foiled shadow to the inner half, Centre Stage to the outer half and then put Caitlin Rose on top of both of them to give them a purple duochrome look.  I added New Years Ever pigment to the inner corner with Illasmasqua Sealing Gel.

I paired it with Urban Decay blush in Quickie and Revolution lipstick in Streak.


So that is my week's worth of eye looks featuring just Makeup Geek eye shadows.  It wasn't a challenge at all, I could probably do at least a month of different looks with the shades I have.  I'd love to know what you favourite/s from the week were.  You can buy the shadows here.

In July I'll be using a different eye palette every single day (with probably a cheat day for IMATS).  You can follow this on my Instagram here.  

Thanks so much for reading!

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment