Sunday 26 October 2014

5 Looks with the Cargo Vintage Escape Palette


As promised in my review of the Cargo Vintage Escape palette, here are 5 looks I've made using it.  I've put the photo of the palette above so you can see what I used where.

All the looks are of course quite neutral and while I would consider them all suitable for everyday maybe a few of these wouldn't be for you as I'm quite comfortable with more-is-more.

A lot of the shades are perfect as a wash of colour by themselves.

O n e

Cargo Vintage Escape palette

This was very much an in-a-rush look.  I used Illamasqua Vintage Metallix cream eye shadow in Bibelot as my base, all over my lid and blended up into my crease and my lower lash line.  Withered Leaves, the interesting green colour, was washed all over with a dab of Crisp in the centre.  I used Urban Decay Stash eyeliner in my waterline.  
On my brows I used just the Revlon Brow This Way gel in Medium Brown.  Mascara is Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes.


T w o

Cargo Vintage Escape palette
I used MAC Paints in Sublime Nature as my base.  I used Autumn in my crease, it's the perfect transition colour.  Cinnamon is washed all over with Rustic on the outer edge and blended below.  I used Black Crow with a push liner brush (Wayne Goss brush 08) to just push the colour into the roots of my lashes.
My brows were filled with Illamasqua Brow Cake in Motto.  I used the Clinique High Impact mascara.


T h r e e

Cargo Vintage Escape palette
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige was my base with this look.  I used Crisp to highlight under my brow and around my tear duct.  I used Autumn all over and blended right out into more of a winged shape than usual.  I then used Cocoa, Chestnut and Black Crow, all centred around my crease and winged out, intensifying the colour in the outer third.  I brought Chestnut on to my lower lash line too.  The eyeliner is Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock gel liner.
My brows were filled with Stila's Brow Set in Dark.  The mascara is Maybelline The Rocket.


F o u r

Cargo Vintage Escape palette
I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in Vintage Plum as a base.  Harvest Moon was my brow highlight, I like to alternate between matte and shimmer here.  I used Cuddle all over the mobile lid.  Twigs, the grey shimmer, is blended into V on the outer third and lower lash line, with a bit of Black Crow over this.  I used Urban Decay's Uzi pencil to tightline, waterline and get into the roots of my lashes.
I used the Clinque mascara again and brows are filled with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown.


F i v e

Cargo Vintage Escape palette
I used the original Urban Decay Primer Potion as my base.  I used Hot Cocoa blended into my crease and the lower lash line.  I used Frolic all over the lid and deepened the crease and upper lash line with Chestnut.
Eyebrows are filled with Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder and mascara is Clinque's again.

I particularly like looks 3 and 4.  I find this palette is great for throwing a look together quite quickly before work.  All the shades go together so well and there is a great mixture of mattes and shimmers.  The warm colours look great with blue eyes and the cooler looks like 1 and 4 really suit my pink skin tone.

I would love to see any looks you've done using this palette!

Rachel

Find me here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment