Friday 11 September 2015

11 Things You Did Not Know About Me (Tag)



I was tagged by the lovely Gul over at Gul-e-Zehra's.  You can see her post here.
If you're tagged, the rules are simple: answer the questions at the bottom, tag some more bloggers and write your own 11 questions.  You can change all of the original 11 questions, or none of them, up to you.

Read on to see my answers.
1. Who/what is your biggest inspiration in life?
My parents, if you know me IRL you'll know why.  They've given up a lot and are pretty selfless.
Art-wise I'm inspired by pretty much everything.

2. What inspired you to start blogging?
I wanted to put my rather ample makeup collection to use and didn't want to stick to the writing restrictions of Instagram.

3.  Your top 5 beauty picks
I'm not going to be too specific, but a good lip balm, a volumising mascara. an eyeshadow palette full of bright colours, a mattifying primer and a purple lipstick ;-)

4.  If you could travel the whole world, which 3 destinations would you pick first and why?
Definitely Egypt, my degree is in Archaeology and I did a lot of Egyptology modules <3 then maybe New Zealand to visit all of the LOTR locations and Mexico for the food.

5. What is your current obsession?
With makeup it's definitely drawing in more realistic eyebrows; I'm not doing it every day but definitely favouring it at the moment.  My food obsession at the moment is own-brand Wotsits (Cheetos) type things, I have no idea why.

6. If you are given an opportunity to make your own makeup product with your favourite brand what would it be and why?  What brand would you choose?
I'd probably choose to partner with OCC and make a new colour Lip Tar, maybe oil slick effect or something similar?

7.  What do you like most about blogging?
I like having a platform to highlight the brands and products that I rate highly.  I also appreciate that it gives the slightest bit of structure to my life.

8. Who are your top 3 bloggers and YouTubers and why?
I don't think I can truly choose, but 3 of each that come to mind immediately are
Bloggers: 
The Sunday Girl she has amazing photography and I rely on her for staying up-to-date with new releases
 Phee's Makeup Tips  We have an awful lot in common with brands and styles we prefer, plus hers was one of the first blogs I started to actively follow
Sultry Suburbia She's super talented and a great inspiration
YouTubers:
Rebecca Shores MUA Creates amazingly subtle looks, as well as adventurous.  Plus similar colours suit us both so easy to envision myself in her looks
Ah It's Rosa  Lots of crazy coloured looks <3 blending perfection
Vintage or Tacky So lovely and talented.  I completely trust her reviews of products!

9. Do you have a signature makeup or fashion style?  What is it?
Fashion wise, it's largely black and comfortable, the odd dash of grey, blue and purple.  I like to have completely different makeup every day but I guess I lean towards a particular eyeliner shape and I favour colour over neutral.

10.  What is your biggest achievement in life?
I'm not really sure, don't feel like I've really achieved yet if I'm honest.

11. What will be your advice and guiding points for young bloggers?
Well I'm hardly a successful blogger but I recommend that you just keep going and don't get disheartened when you don't immediately get lots of page hits and comments.  Being pushy seems to help (I'm not at all) but I think it's important to be friendly and polite.  Let your personality shine through.  It's your differences that will make you stand out.  Be honest.


I tag:

Curvy Blonde Bombshell

Happiness Wherever

Beauty & The Bird

Natasha Kendall

Melissa Jane Lee

Danielle Scoot

And my questions are:
1.  What inspired you to start blogging?
2.  Who are your makeup/fashion icons?
3.  If you could only wear 3 makeup brands for the rest of your life, what would they be?
4.  What do you find hardest about blogging?
5.  What are your current obsessions?
6.  What can't you live without?
7.  What is your biggest achievement in life so far?
8.  In your wildest dreams, who would you love to collaborate with most?
9.  What is your favourite film?
10.  Bold eyes or bold lips?
11.  Do you care about expiry dates on makeup and skin care?


Thanks for reading.

If you have any more questions for me, leave them down below.

I have a giveaway running here.

Rachel

I'd love it if you followed me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment