Thursday 12 June 2014

5 Looks with the Naked 3

I've heard some friends say that they loved the look of Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette but that they weren't sure how to use it.  I have been loving it for a few months now so I have devoted the last week to the palette, coming up with looks for this post.


I think it's an easy palette to use.  Strange is the perfect highlighting colour for under the brow and around the tear duct.  It's hard to go wrong if you stick to the general idea of lighter colour over the lid, darker colour in the outer V and blended out with a mid-tone into the crease.  That's been the base for most of these looks.

For all of these looks I used either Urban Decay Primer Potion, original formula, or MAC's Paints in Sublime Nature.  I used Too Faced's Better Than mascara in most, if not all, of the looks.  My brows throughout are filled with Illamasqua Brow Cake in Thunder.  The double-ended brush that comes with the Naked 3 is quite good but I feel like you need a good blending brush and maybe a little smudger/pencil brush too.



Look One
This is the most un-me look. I don't really do no-makeup makeup but in my dedication to the cause, I thought that a lighter look would probably be helpful when showing the versatility and range of the Naked 3.
I used Strange as my brow highlight and on the inner corner.  I sweeped Burnout all over the mobile lid and blended Limit into the crease.  I deepened the outer corner with Factory and brought Limit on my lower lash line.


Look Two
I did this look a little backwards, something I quite often do when using my shadows wet.  Strange is the brow and inner corner highlight.  I then used a combination of Nooner and Limit in the crease and blended them out.  Mugshot was used to darken the crease and outer corner.  I used MAC Fix+ to make a paste with Buzz and Trick.  Using a patting motion I applied Trick to the centre of my lid and Buzz on the inner third.  I smudged Mugshot on my lower lash line and made a bit of a cat flick with MUA  Precision Felt Eyeliner.



Look Three
I used the Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Perversion in my waterline and to tightline which I then smudged into my lash line (that's a lot of lines). I highlighted with Strange and then applied Darkside all over my lid. I used a mixture of Mugshot and Limit to blend that out and underneath my eyes. Using a pushliner brush I applied Blackheart to my top lash line.


Look Four
This look is exactly the same as the third but I added Dust, mixed with ELF Lock & Seal, to the inner third of my eye, above and below.


Look Five
Strange is my highlight.  I swept a mixture of Burnout and Liar across my lid.  Nooner was used to blend out the shadows.  I then used Blackheart on the outer third of my lid and underneath.  I also used Blackheart, wet, really close to the lashes to line.  In my waterline is Urban Decay's 24/7 Pencil in Desperation.

I hope you like those looks and that they have been some help to any of you who are a bit unsure of how to use the Naked 3 palette.  I think it is a really beautiful palette and it is definitely my favourite of the Naked palettes so far.  You can buy it at an Urban Decay counter or online for £37.

Rachel
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment