Monday 30 June 2014

Giorgio Armani Blogger Event


I was kindly invited to a beauty bloggers event at the Giorgio Armani counter in the Cardiff Debenhams this past Thursday.  Having never tried any of their makeup before (I'm usually too scared to even look at the posh-looking counters) I thought it would be an excellent way to to be introduced.


The main feature of the evening was the Eyes To Kill Solo, their pressed eye shadows, available in 24 colours and 3 finishes.  At first glance I was immediately drawn to the orange and coral shades; 24 and 23; and the deep teal, 18 (which reminds me of Fringe in the Urban Decay Electric palette). 


The look of the evening was based on an Arabian Night theme.  The eyes were dark and sultry and were paired with a fairly dark lip.  It was dramatic but by no means too much.
The main eye shades were 2 (navy) and 5 (brown) but with pops from 13, 14 and 20.  The base was completed with Designer Lift foundation and Cheek Fabric Blush in 506.  The lipstick was a plummy coloured Rouge D'Armani.


After the demonstration I had plenty of time to browse the rest of the line.  I was really impressed by the quality of the Eyes To Kill Intense shadows but how do you choose just one colour!?
What I was really interested in, largely due to it being all over Instagram, was their Luminous Silk Foundation.  It has medium, buildable coverage and looks like skin.  I was tested in 3.5 and 4 and was told that the yellow tones in 4 were just enough to counteract the redness in my very flushed skin.  I usually avoid yellow-toned foundation at all costs but when I held the mirror right up to my face it looked pretty perfect. The fact that I was wearing foundation at all was not detectable. Swoon! I think I would have bought it there and then if it had not been for the fact that I was going to London IMATS 2 days later (more on that in posts to come).


Here's a pretty grim photo of me later that night but it does show that foundation is awesome!

If like me you have been put off visiting some of the fancier looking counters, then let me reassure you there is no need! The staff were really friendly and helpful.  The counter is also quite new and looks very beautiful, let alone full of amazing makeup! We were also let in on a little addition coming to that counter soon that is really going to make it stand out from the others.  Keep your eyes peeled!

I'll definitely be heading back to that counter so what do you recommend from Giorgio Armani?

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. That a good article. Thanks to share your valuable information.
    I think it's very helpful for me & other people.

    This time is a holiday time you can enjoy online music event with your family.

    ReplyDelete