Monday 9 March 2015

Whole Face with One Brand: Kat Von D


Kat Von D makeup

Kat Von D is definitely one of my favourite brands at the moment even though I don't really have that much from her yet.  I had wanted to try her makeup for so long but it wasn't until the UK could use the US Sephora site that I was able to, as Ebay prices are crazy.

It was more of a challenge to do my whole face with just Kat Von D makeup as I don't have blush, foundation etc. so I had to be a bit more inventive.


Kat Von D makeup

Face

I don't have a Kat Von D foundation yet (my shade is always sold-out) so instead I used
Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in Light 16 
It's full coverage so I didn't use any extra as concealer.
I set my under-eye area with Entomology eye shadow from the Monarch palette.

I don't have a blush yet so I used
Bachelorette and Countess Studded Kiss Lipsticks mixed, applied with a stipple brush

For a contour I used
Glasswing from the Chrysalis palette

Kat Von D makeup
Eyes

I filled my brows with Vanish and Shadowbox from the Monarch palette.

My brow bone is Lifelike from the Chrysalis palette.
The rest of the shadows are from the Monarch palette:
Vanish is buffed out from the crease and under the eyes.  Wrath all over the mobile lid and underneath with Papilio to deepen the outer third and inner third right up to the brow.
A dab of Summerfly right in the centre.

I skipped liner even though I love her Tattoo Liner.

Mascara is her Immortal Lash in Puro Amor.

Kat Von D makeup

Kat Von D makeup
Lips

I attempted something a bit different with my lips.
Using her Studded Kiss Lipstick in Hexagram I filled the top lip from the bullet for strong colour.
The bottom lip was applied lightly using a lip brush and keeping the centre bare.


I was quite pleased with the outcome, despite having to make do in many areas.
I buy my Kat Von D here and you can see lots of looks using her products here.

If you had to do your whole face with one brand which one would you choose?

Rachel

Find me here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment