Tuesday 8 April 2014

5 Looks with the Electric Palette

Last week was devoted to Urban Decay's Electric Palette. I used it in a different way each day, some fairly subtle, others a bit more daring.


Read on for details :-)



 Look 1
I used Gonzo (aqua with micro-shimmer, looks matte on) all over the lid.  I put Thrash (amazing chartreuse colour) in the tear duct area and blended into Gonzo. Urban (shimmery purple) was blended into the crease and Fringe (shimmery teal) was blended into the lower lash line.  I used the 24/7 pencil in Deep End.

I wore this to work and had lots of complements.  It reminds me of a tropical fish.  Love, love, LOVE these colours together.

Look 2
I started off with Freak (cool lime green) in the inner corner.  Using cellotape I got a clean line to wing out Chaos (matte royal blue), which I also used in the crease and lower lashline.  Jilted (shimmery fuchsia with blue shift) was blended into the middle of the lid.  I used Urban Decay's liquid liner in Perversion for the winged liner and pencil liner in Ultraviolet in my waterline.

Look 3
I was feeling really ill this day so wanted to keep it fairly simple.
I drew a line using pencil liner in Yeyo (white).  Using an eyeliner brush and blending each colour into the next I applied Thrash, Fringe, Slowburn, Jilted and then Urban. I lined my water line with Nars Larger Than Life Long-wear Eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte.

I think next time I do this I might keep it to just three colours and it will probably work just as well, if not better.

Look 4
I used Nooner, Darkside and Blackheart from the Naked 3 palette to do a basic smoky eye. I drew winged eyeliner using Illamasqua's Scribe (white). I layered over the white with Slowburn (orangey red).

Look 5
I used the most of colours from Look 1 (Thrash, Gonzo and Urban), using cellotape to wing out Urban. I used Sleek's Gold liquid liner on the top, Yeyo in between the two purple wings and Urban Decay's Electric pencil in my waterline.

I'm hopeless with liquid liner, I always get it all over my lashes. Any tips to prevent this? I never want to use mascara on the top of my lashes as I feel that will definitely not aid the curl.

I'd love to hear what your favourite looks with Electric palette have been so far.  I have really been enjoying the looks posted on Instragram so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment