Saturday 19 April 2014

Good Friday Urban Decay Masterclass

Yesterday I went to Urban Decay's latest masterclass to show off the Electric palette, which I was already head over heels in love with. It was my first time at an event like this so I wasn't really sure what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. Organised by the ladies at the counter in Cardiff Debenhams, it was in a room within the local Tiger Tiger club which led to a really relaxed atmosphere.  When I got there I was given a really great mocktail and in each place there was a really good sized sample of their original Primer Potion, a fragrance sample and photocopies of facecharts showing the 3 looks that would be demonstrated. There were a few minutes to chat with the other girls before it started.

The looks got more complicated and colourful with each one, and were done in such a way that they could be layered on top of each other, effectively turning a day look into a night look, into a crazy look (though I would happily wear any of them during the day!)  The picture above shows Haddie working on the first look which features a neutral eye with pink (Savage) though the crease. There were duplicates of the products used spread around the tables so we could try the products out for ourselves.
Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the second look but it featured the multicoloured eyes in the photo above but without the glitter and not quite so dramatic.  The photo shows the finished look with multicoloured brows (yes!), glitter (yes!) and streaks in her hair (yes!).  I loved it, especially the pink and purple contouring and brows.  It is definitely a look I would recreate.
Haddie did a great job and our model, Chloe, was so beautiful and patient when we all wanted a close up look during the various stages.

The looks gave me lots of new ideas for looks using the Electric palette (for previous looks see here) and how to combine it with other Urban Decay products.  The masterclass was full of top tips too, such as doing your eyes before your base so that fall-out isn't a problem and balancing your eyes with shading on the lower lash so the look is not top-heavy. 

The amount paid for the masterclass was redeemable against Urban Decay products so at the end I rushed over to Debenhams to buy.  Even though I already have so many Urban Decay products it was so hard to choose, I wanted to complete my collection. I managed to reign myself in and only buy 4 things.
I bought the 24/7 Blending Brush; designed to be used with the 24/7 pencils; and seeing as I have about 30 of those I will definitely get my use out of it. I also chose the new Perversion Angled Brush to use with my gel liners as I wanted something from the new liner collection but I have too many black liners on the go at the moment.  I then chose two products I've had my eye on for a while, 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Ether (beautiful mid grey with purple iridescence) and their Revolution Lipstick in Streak (pale coral).  I might do a separate post on my Revolution Lipsticks as I know have five of them.

There's a sneaky eye-of-the-day photo from yesterday using Naked 3 shadows on the top lid and the Electric palette below.  I'm really pleased with it as I was in such a rush; yesterday was a very busy day for me and I had to get out of the house quickly.

In short, the Masterclass was really fun and I would highly recommend going to one if your local Urban Decay counter are hosting any.  I am already looking forward to the next one!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment