Friday 25 April 2014

Budget Brand! Revolution Haul

L-R Acid Brights and Matte Brights
When I heard about Revolution, a new brand being sold by Superdrug with prices comparable to MUA's, I wanted to try their products right away.  There is no counter in my local Superdrug (yet) so I ordered on their website and they delivered to the store in 3 days.



Top 2 rows: Acid Brights
Bottom 2 rows: Matte Brights
I bought two of the Redemption Palettes: Acid Brights and Matte Brights.  Maybe I should have bought a neutral palette but I just love colour.  The shadow texture is similar to Sleek's shadows.  The shimmery colours swatch the best with the mattes being a bit chalky.  There is fall out but you can expect that with cheaper eye shadows. I quickly swatched the palettes over Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.  I highly recommend using them over a base or primer; without something to stick to a bit the pigmentation is not the best.
The palettes are £4 each.
L-R Dazzle, Dusky, Vice, Felony
I bought four of the lipsticks at £1 each.  The casing is similar to the MUA lipsticks, with the matching balm in the bottom (which is almost impossible to get to and is not worth using).  I find this helpful as you can tell at a glance which is which. The raspberry colour, Dazzle, is almost identical to MUA lipstick #3 but I did not have dupes for the others. All of these lipsticks have good colour pay-off and feel moisturising.  The only one I won't be using is Felony, the yellow, which I guess I just bought for a laugh.  I actually really like Vice, it's a very yellowy orange and really unlike any of the oranges I already had.  Dusky is a good every-day rose colour on me.

The Liquid Eyeliner (£1.50) was not a success for  me.  The nib is plastic and hard to control and the liquid is runnier than I like.  I still want to try their felt-tip style liner but it was sold out when I made my order.
I'm not going to say to much about the Foil Finish in Magnificent Copper (£5) as it will get a post all of its own (hint hint I like it).
I bought their Vivid Baked Blush in Hard Day simply because the veining reminded me of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure (high on my wishlist).  At £2.50 I think it is a really decent blush.; it's not as shimmery as I worried it might be and as it isn't too pigmented it's great for blush beginners.

You can buy Revolution products here on the Superdrug website.
Over all I'm pleased with my purchases, I will most likely buy more, especially if a counter opens near me.
Have you found any gems in this brand's line yet?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment