Thursday 19 February 2015

Debu(t)ary: Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel

Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike

Until last week Illamasqua only had one shade of their Precision Brow Gel, Strike, a medium brown which would suit most people.  I've been using this for about a month now and it's the perfect colour for my brows (I would also match their Brow Cake in Thunder or Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown).  As of the 12th there is also a colour for blondes, Awe, red-heads, Glimpse, and dark grey, Stare.


Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike
My packaging is slightly different as I got mine in the Christmas 2014 set.  The regular packaging has a black lid instead of this rose gold one.  It's easy to put the lid on really tight so that the product doesn't dry out.  You get a really decent amount of the gel, it will take a long time to finish it!

The consistency is much smoother than the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade, and less moussey.  It doesn't budge at all so is perfect for drawing in hairs or changing the shape of your brows.

Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike

Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike
I was a bit heavy handed with the top swatch.  The brushes I like using the most with the Precision Brow Gel are the Zoeva Soft Paint Liner and Brow Line brushes.  I usually start off by drawing in the bottom line and then filling in the tail.  I use whatever is left on the brush to fill in the front.

Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike

In this picture I am wearing Strike through my brows, plus Illamasqua's Clear Brow Gel just to make sure every hair is set in place.  I am also wearing their Precision Gel Liner in Infinity with some Makeup Geek shadows.

You can get the Precision Brow Gel for £18.50 here.
Illamasqua can pretty much do no wrong in my book and I was glad to see them bring out new shades of the Precision Brow Gel.  Now I'm hoping for some more shades of their Precision Gel Liner!

Have you tried this product yet?  What are you hoping Illamasqua might release next?

Rachel

Find me here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment